All members of our team are vital to us, and their dedication and loyalty to their roles within the business make us the company we are. We have built a culture that provides ideal working environments, collaborative and supportive team approach and a place to develop as individuals. Investment in our people ensures we have best-in-class people, trained to our exacting standards and accredited to meet industry legislation.
We are always seeking to develop our team and take on the very best the construction industry has to offer. Our current vacancies are listed below and please feel free to complete our vacancies enquiry form for any current job opportunities listed, including uploading your CV, or if you would like consideration for any future job opportunities.
The following positions are currently vacant, but we are always keen to employ new staff members in a variety of roles. If you do not see a current vacancy that matches your skills and experience, please complete the form below and upload your cv. Click on the job title to explore the full job description.
Please note: No Agency Enquiries Please.
Business Development Manager - Scotland Territory
To support our continued growth in line with our Strategic Development Plans, we are currently recruiting Business Development Managers for our Motherwell office. This role offers tremendous career advancement opportunities, as well as commanding exceptional earnings potential.
With a proven track record of success in Business-to-Business Development and Sales, you will be responsible for growing and servicing a portfolio of Blue-Chip clients who are in a position to provide year-on-year increases in Turnover. It would be beneficial, but not essential if you have experience in Technical Sales in the Construction Industry. This is a Business-to-Business role, focusing on all sectors of the economy.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- You will be responsible for developing a Territory Business Plan.
- Cold calling, networking, or other methods of producing interest from potential clients.
- Design persuasive approaches and proposals to convert potential clients into business customers. By presenting new solutions and services to clients, you will develop and maintain existing accounts.
- Undertaking Sales Presentations to clients and potential clients, showcase the company's services and Unique Selling Points.
- Dealing with client enquiries.
- Interfacing with our company's Technical Surveyors & Estimators to develop Technical Reports & Quotations.
- Presenting Technical Reports & Quotations to clients and securing profitable orders.
- Building positive long-term business relationships with clients.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Ideally educated to HND or Degree level.
- Have experience in Technical Sales in a Construction environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- High standard of general literacy, numeracy and business acumen.
- IT literate; proficiency using key software systems including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Excellent people and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to communicate both written and verbally at all levels - site personnel, client and board level.
- Product and construction systems knowledge would be advantageous.
- Our vision is to become the first choice provider of full envelope solutions; by investing in our people and continuing to improve our skills within our field of expertise, we will be known for our commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of our clients.
- In addition to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
- Fantastic career advancement opportunities.
Raising our values and quality together
To remain at the forefront of our industry, as an organisation and individuals, we continuously strive to improve. Starfish Construction operates through ‘Elevate’, our company culture and operational programme, which drives us forward to reach new levels of excellence. How we work, act, and communicate with our customers sets us apart, and every member of our team adds value to our customers. Together, with Elevate, we excel, grow and reach new levels of collective success with our customers.
Explore our Elevate Presentation download here
Customer Care Programme
Projects right. 1st time every time
In any sector and organisation, customer care and effective relationships are core to success. Our standard is to ensure an approach where projects are right first time, every time and to our clients’ satisfaction. When our operational behaviours and client relationships are effective, we become the trusted partner of choice. To grow any business, attracting the right customers and retaining them is vital. Achieving this takes commitment, quality, safety and customer value. We’ve created our Customer Care Programme to guide all Starfish Construction employees in the delivery of customer relations and to allow customers an understanding of our approach and culture.
Explore our Customer Care Programme download here
Graduate training scheme
All graduates join our development scheme. The scheme aims to prepare you for your chosen profession and provide you with the experience necessary to qualify for membership of the relevant professional body. Typically these are the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS); the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB); and the Association of Project Managers (APM). You will get practical experience, both on-site and off. You will be given a mentor who will be a senior member of staff. Quarterly reviews will be conducted, and you will be part of the staff appraisal scheme.
Sandwich year students and summer placement students
All students will join a team. The scheme aims to give you a flavour of working within a construction company. You will carry out different roles within your team and will be given practical experience both on and off-site.
Training and Development
We believe that the development of our people on both a professional and personal level is one of the most important responsibilities we have as a company. All new employees are given a comprehensive two-week induction programme that introduces them to the culture here at Starfish Construction and the way we carry out our business. The training we offer covers a wide range of subjects and varies depending on the career path of the individual. Some of our employees are attending college or university part-time, funded by the company. We offer school, college and university students placements and work experience. We also take on new apprentices annually.
Health and safety training is also on offer. We have already put our staff through Asbestos Awareness courses. Other courses our employees have participated in include IPAF, SSSTS and SMSTS. All of this training is monitored monthly, ensuring that all certification is up-to-date and our employees are fit to carry out the job.
Starfish Construction is deeply committed to fairness and equality for all.
No employee or job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of sex, disability, race, colour, religion, political belief, nationality, marital status, ethnic origin, age, gender reassignment or sexual orientation. Fairness and equality are the core values present in our business, and we embrace diversity and the advantages it brings.
We act as a responsible employer to create a working culture and environment that promotes personal growth and development and rewards accordingly on individual merit. Our working environments are free from harassment and intimidation, and we encourage and empower all our employees, at every level, to report their concerns and observations and to offer solutions to improve our performance.
The company will protect our employees’ rights and will comply with European & UK Employment legislation at all times.